photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Saturday 9 June 2012

Bare Minerals Skincare 'Blemish Remedy'



Here's something a little different for you all, a review on Bare Minerals skincare. They say that Bare Minerals is the only makeup you can sleep in it's so natural, and so of course it would lead you to believe their skincare was absolutely out of this world. Well I for a first attempt with their line (which consists of everything from cleansers and moisturisers to eye treatments and night serums) I went for the 'Blemish Remedy' as I was having trouble with creams and liquids, and this a 'powder' skincare seemed interesting.


The product is a beige coloured powder, with a very strong tea tree scent. It's not as finely milled as their makeup and has a tendency to clump. The packaging is the same size as the Bare Minerals 30 day starter set pots of mineral veils I reviewed here but is an opaque brown jar instead. The 'heal and conceal' brush provided is very useful, and of good quality. 



The 'Blemish Remedy' claims to minimise the appearance of pores, neutralise redness and diffuse imperfections while its sulphur prevents future breakouts and the 100% pure ActiveSoil Complex exfoliates and soothes the area. I can definitely agree with the fact that the product neutralises redness and diffuses an imperfection. I'm in two halves about it's pore minimising properties. I find it works in some areas such as around the nose, but accentuates pores in the chin area. The powder itself is also not strictly translucent. For darker or very warm skin tones like my own it does lighten the area slightly, and can require blending out if you apply over a patch or area, this doesn't matter so much if you're applying to spots.

Bare Minerals 'Blemish Remedy'
£15 at Bare Escentuals counters in Selfridges, Debenhams ect.


Just on a side note, I a while ago mentioned I had broken out in rashes due to an unknown allergy. It's all now cleared up and we've discovered I'm allergic to cows milk. I shall add that to the long list of my already existing allergies. But I am now able to wear and try out new makeup and skincare products, and so my blog shall have much more content similar to this in the coming days, thanks for sticking with me!

6 comments :

  1. this is a really interesting product, i'd love to try it! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try some Bare Minerals products! Lovely review xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love your blog^^

    blogg♥mfashionfreak
    giveaway♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use this products!!! and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this!
    Im an absolute sucker for anything that promises to reduce pores etc!
    Great post,
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Thanks for posting this. You have made some really interesting point in this article. I like it and I'll keep coming back. Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!