photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Sunday 8 December 2013

Lorde Style Steal | Outfit Inspiration

Hey guys! My name is Amira and I blog over at Holy Chic and I was invited over here by the lovely Ayla to do a guest post for her. So I am going to start by telling you guys a little bit about myself. I would consider myself to be mostly a fashion blogger however I do sometimes do beauty posts, DIY’s and reviews or anything random.

I have only been blogging for a little while now, but I have honestly spoken to some amazing people and I just love the overall experience of blogging at the moment. Thank you for giving me the chance to do this guest post on her blog because words can’t even describe how amazing it really is. So all of that aside, today I am going to be doing a Lorde inspiration Style Steal. I am absolutely obsessed with Lorde; her music, fashion and just her overall look on life and seeing things from her perspective. Her style and overall fashion sense is really interesting and i feel like there is something in it for everyone. And hey, it won’t hurt to get some more fashion ideas for the up and coming temperature change. Of course you can add more layers or less depending on where you live but this is just the basics of her outfits. So I hope you guys enjoy.

This first look is really interesting because it takes one of the big summer trends of pinafores and makes it more autumn/winter appropriate. Pair it with a crisp white collared shirt and some chunky platform boots to get Lordes’ edge.

Look 1
Skirt / Shirt / Socks / Shoes

For look two, this is a very simple, clean cut dress. And midi/maxi dress will do with tights and some chunky ankle boots which seem to be a staple piece in her wardrobe.

Look 2 
Dress / Shoes Tights

In the third look, we can see a clash of colours, print and textures and different textures are really in this autumn/winter. So to make it more seasons appropriate, switch it up. Go for some monochrome patterned trousers and a brightly coloured fluffy jumper. Add a touch of mess class with these patent brogues and some socks

Look 3
Jumper / Trousers / Socks  / Shoes

In the fourth look, we see black on black but again, playing with the textures. This is a great way to get away with wearing all black this time of year. Pair a mesh cropped top with a black strap top, pleather skirt and the same boots as look 1. Wearing all black can work and look good in this case.

Look 4 
Socks / Skirt / Top / Shoes / Fishnet Top


Looking at outfit 5, we can see that Lorde only adds a splash of colour to this outfit, so take a bright coloured patterned top/shirt to achieve the same look. This would look great with Topshop highwaisted jeans and again those patent brogues.

Look 5
Jeans / Top / Shoes

Looking at outfit 6, a matching set was really in for spring/summer time and this look can still be wearable in the autumn/winter too. I couldn’t find one like Lorde’s but you can keep in with another big autumn trend and go for a check print two piece. The colours are muted in keeping with the weather. Add some tights and more layers if necessary and and some buckle ankle boots to complete the look.

Look 6
Top / Skirt / Boots 

So I think that what we can take away from Lorde’s look is that you don’t need to get a complete new wardrobe but just a few staple pieces to achieve some of the hottest trends this AW13.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and thank you Rachael once again for allowing me to do this on her amazing blog here. If you want to see more from me, you can check out my blog here as well as Follow me viaBloglovin if you really loved it. I have a wide variety of posts over there for you guys to read. 

Please go and check out my social media sites:

Thank you guys for reading! 
Byee
A x

4 comments :

  1. Outfit #2 is my favorite although I don't think I would wear it. It looks beautiful.

    http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! I hope you have time to do this post x :)

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I'm a little bit in love with Lorde! The pinafore dress is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh im loving all of these different looks that you have picked out!im now following your blog lovely!:)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!