photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Saturday 30 November 2013

Featured Blogger: #15: November



Featured Blogger posts were always intended to be a happy, upbeat post sharing the love for other bloggers, so It almost feels wrong to start of with a massive apology for essentially *disappearing off the face of the Earth* for the past few weeks. I haven't even been tweeting, which anyone that follows me will recognize as some pretty odd behavior. I had to take a little break from blogging but I'm hoping to be back. What better way to return than with a Featured Blogger post? I only recently met Alexandra (you may remember she wrote an amazing guest post a few weeks ago which you can read here). You'll all know by know I'm very very fond of Alexandra's blog 'The A Style'. Her photos are honestly some of the best I've seen, and its one of the few blogs that I love absolutely everything she posts about. If that wasn't enough to make you want to pop over to see what she's all about - she's also Canadian, do I need to say anymore?! Once again I've pestered Alexandra for a little blog interview, so you can learn a bit more about her and her blogging antics.

In less than 50 words, tell us a little about yourself, and your blog
Hello my name is Alexandra. I'm from Montreal, and am 21 years old. I'm a lover of anything beauty related, books, and TV shows. I will soon be starting a makeup artist course, and am so excited! My blog is something that I love to work on, and includes loads of beauty reviews, wishlists, and some lifestyle bits with bright clear photographs. 
When and why did you initially start blogging?
I started my blog a year ago in September really out of nowhere! I had been reading blogs on and off for years, and felt like I too could be a fashion blogger but that quickly switched to beauty after a couple months in because I was and am more passionate about that subject! I mainly started it because I wanted to have a hobby that would bring some creativity out of me, and writing was the one thing I was good at! I also discovered that photography was something that I started being good at! 
 
Do you have any tips or ideas for someone wishing to start a blog?
Don't go into it head first without any research like I did! I didn't know anything about blogging and how it worked. Here is an example: For months I didn't know I could enlarge my pictures and was never happy with them being too small and when I found out, I felt stupid because of how simple it was! Also be true to who you are and don't write about something just because others are doing it because the readers will know when it doesn't come from the heart! Just write about what you are passionate about and have fun!
 

Do you feel you've taken anything out of being part of the blogger community?
I've learnt how to manage my blog so that it is constantly updated with new posts without me feeling like I had to write anything! I've never had a hobby that I've actually enjoyed, and my blog is something that I love writing and realized that if I truly enjoy doing something, it won't be something I will dread! I also love the fact that I can read honest reviews on other people's blog, and love to see their perspective of things! Also the best thing that has come from blogging, is all of the amazing people I've gotten to know! It is good to see that other people are as passionated about something as I am because nobody in my friends, or family understand how much I love writing! 
 

What are your 5 favourite products right now?
Nars - Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
Revlon - Lash Potion in Black Mascara 
L'Oreal - La Lacque lipstick in I laque you a lot
Urban Decay - Naked 2 palette
Escada - Cherry in the Air perfume
 

Who are your 5 favourite bloggers right now?
Megan from Thumbelina Lillie
Charlotte from Style and Splurging
Emma-Louise from A Day in Beauty
Laura from Laura Through the Lens
 

Where can we find you? (twitter, lookbook, bloglovin' ect.)
You can find me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr! I really hope you will come and say hi! 
 
Any final words of wisdom?
They would have to be to have fun and to truly enjoy your blog, because it's meant to be that place for you where you are supposed to be proud of something, and not the place that stresses you out! Do whatever you want with it, and be happy with your hard work!! 


Remember you can follow AIFA on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks again for featuring me and saying such sweet words about me!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!