photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Friday 29 March 2013

Featured Blogger #8 - March


Featured Blogger timeeeeee! This month I've chosen a slightly more popular blog, something I usually dont do however, I couldn't not feature Lucy from Lucy Rose as it's one of my all-time favourite blogs! Lucy's blog is all about beauty and fashion, its a pink and girly heaven! As always click around the links to visit her blog and have a read of the questions she has kindly answered below!

In less than 50 words tell us a little about yourself and your blog.
Hey ladies! Well my name is Lucy, I am 20 years old and live in the sleepy Lake District. I am obsessed with beauty and fashion, I think I drive my friends mad with it sometimes! Hence my little corner of the bloggersphere, Lucy Rose, is all about beauty and fashion, with a little bit of lifestyle thrown in there now and again!

When and why did you initially start blogging?
I only started blogging a few months ago, October 2012! I got into the blogging malarkey along time before I created my own. First it was YT videos, with the obvious likes of Tanya Burr and Zoella being my own personal gurus on anything beauty related! Through YT I started to come across blogs. I became totally addicted, they damaged my bank balance but I couldn't get enough! However apart from beauty and fashion, I really found so much relief almost in blogging as I found SO many other bloggers who like myself have suffered to the hands of anxiety and panic attacks. It helped me so much knowing there were others out there and reading their stories gave me a lot of hope! Enough to even write my own little post about it! Finally one of my friends from home, Hannah from Cosmetic Crave, twisted my old little arm and gave me the push I needed to join in myself! And I have never looked back since :) So thanks Han!

Do you have any tips or ideas for someone wishing to start a successful blog? 
hmmmm, I guess this depends on what you would class as successful! For me the best thing about it is the enjoyment. As long as you enjoy it and are passionate about what your writing, then people will see it come through and read! I don't think there should be any rules about blogging, so one of my tips would be to ignore any you get told! Its YOUR blog so do what YOU want. A few tips I could think of however would be - communicate with other bloggers, get involved in #bbloggers chat and follow fellow bloggers on twitter! The community is freaking awesome and everyone is so lovely, you end up making so many cyber friends! My fave blogs are the ones who have regular posting, pretty pictures and layouts, and those who interact with others! 

Do you feel you've taken anything out of being part of the blogger community?
YES! SO much! I have become a lot more confident with my anxiety, and feel I can talk so much more open about it now. Bloggers seem to be so much more less judgemental than some girls you even know! I've learnt so much about beauty and fashion too, which is great because I want to learn! You learn so many little tips and cheats, its fab. The best thing to take out of the community is relationships, bloggers are some of the kindest bunch, and I feel I have made some very lovely friends. 

What are your 5 favourite products right now?
Benefit Fake Up Concealer - Can't wait till this is released, your all going to love it! Will definitely be a hit!
Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner - making my skin extra radiant this spring
MAC Lustre Drops in Sunrush - Giving these away on my blog, absolutely amazing, best highlight!
Nars Tinted Moisturiser - Only just got this and I'm in LOVE. thank you Millie mackintosh!
UD Naked Basics Palette - nearly all gone, I use it pretty much every day!

Who are your 5 favourite bloggers right now?
This is SO hard as I have about 100 faves! 
Wonderful You - I have been loving Meg's blog recently, and her YT videos, I have huge hair envy, her hair is absolutely lush!
Couture Girl - Kayleigh's blog has always been one of my faves, there will not be a post on there that I havn't read!
Milkteef - this girl literally kills my bank balance when it comes to Nars!
LLYMLRS - Lily's blog is one of my all time faves, simple yet so full of everything you ever need to know about beauty and fashion!
Charissarae - I met Charissa at the fake up event in Newcastle and got her blog link. I have literally read back through all her posts and she is now a firm fave, she has amazing style and beautiful hair! 

Where can we find you?
blog - lucyrosex.blogspot.co.uk
twitter - @lucyrosegreen
facebook - lucyrosex

Any final words of wisdom?
“The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!” -Coco Chanel

Lucy Rose x
Click above to visit Lucy's blog!

1 comment :

  1. Aw! Lucy seems so lovely! I'll definately be having a look through her posts later!

    becky xoxo

    www.tiedyeandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!