photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Friday 14 December 2012

Featured Blogger #3


It's that time of the month again my friends, featured blogger timeeeeee! The observant amongst you may have noticed that I magically skipped Novembers FB, on purpose of course, I was just testing you see;) I feel like a meany not giving somebody the chance to be featured so to compensate I'm going to do two featured bloggers this month. Today is the turn of Rachel from Lost In Lipstick. Her blog has amaaaazing photography, genuinely helpful reviews and has quickly become a new favourite of mine. I recommend you pop over to Lost In Lipstick, you definitely won't regret it! And so, in true Rachael (confused by the spellings yet?) I pestered her to answer my questions so that you guys could learn a little bit more about Rachel and how she blogs! Over to you!

In less than 50 words tell us a little about yourself and your blog.
As I work in a school, I don't wear much make-up day to day but I love make-up and beauty. I love applying make-up and wear more at the weekend, even if I'm not going out! I love nothing more than soaking in the bath with lots of products and candles. (I actually think that's 51 words, sorry!)

When and why did you initially start blogging?
I'm a beginner really. I started my blog in September so I've only been blogging for 3 months. I had been reading beauty and fashion blogs for quite a long time and watching videos on YouTube. I began by commenting on videos and blog posts offering my opinion and sharing tips. One day I wrote a long comment on a YouTube video and I just decided from there that I was going to start a blog. It actually took me a while to think of a name because there are so many blogs out there!

Do you have any tips or ideas for someone wishing to start a successful blog?
Rachael informs me that my blog is successful as I have over 60 followers in 3 months but I'm no expert. Blogging isn't about followers for me. Obviously it's nice seeing people want to follow my blog, but it's not the be all and end all of blogging. Don't beg for followers. If your blog is worthy, they will want to follow you. I just do what I think and feel is right. You need to be unique and blog about things that you would want to read about. I try to keep my blog clear and well organised. I hate reading blogs where everything is all over the place. Content is very important. I don't have a fantastic camera but I take my photos in daylight and it helps. Also, there is nothing worse than reading a blog and the blogger hasn't checked their post before publishing. It doesn't take long and you look like you look like you care about your blog.

What do you think you've taken from blogging and what do you hope to learn?
As I've only been blogging for 3 months, I have so much to learn. I would love a better camera but it's just not an option due to money and I would love to make some great blogging friends but there is time. In three months, I have learnt so much about make-up. I am loving my blogging journey so far. There are lots of lovely bloggers out there and the community is so friendly as a whole.

What are your 5 favourite products right now?
This is a tough one! I would have to say: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as it's amazing for £4/5, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish (I would choose everything Liz Earle if I could!), Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait, MUA Undressed Eyeshadow palette and Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 101.

Who are your 5 favourite bloggers right now?
In no particular order (I feel like I should be presenting The X Factor saying that!)
I read a lot of blogs and these change on a regular basis!

Where can we find you?
twitter - @lostinlipstick
Instagram - lostinlipstick
Facebook - Lost In Lipstick
bloglovin' - Lost In Lipstick
hello cotton - Lost In Lipstick

Any final words of wisdom?
Take inspiration from everything!

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for making me featured blogger of the month :) I enjoyed answering your questions. I cannot wait to properly begin blogging again after moving house! Thank you again. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, love your blog!

    Definitely a regular visitor now!

    Sheree xx

    @shereemilli

    glitzngrime.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!