photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Blogging - "Am I Too Late?"


When I saw Rachael's post about guest blogging I jumped at the chance - A Is For Ayla is such a lovely blog and I'm really grateful for the chance to contribute! My name is Lily and you can find me at www.jolihouse.com, where I blog about life as a 15 year old in north west England, my outfits, trips etc. and occasionally my original knitwear designs. I properly started blogging a few months ago, and I thought it might be nice to share my favourite aspects so far! So why blog?

There are literally thousands of UK bloggers, so what can I possibly bring to this party - latecomer that I am? The beauty of blogging, I think, is it's diversity. My taste is actually quite random, as I am equally likely to be found browsing the big lifestylers like The Londoner, as I am laughing my head off at Allie of Hyperbole and a Half. I especially love it when I find posts that are just soooo relatable. You know, when you have a real 'wow I'm not the only one' moment - anyone else get this? It's especially nice to come across someone a similar age to me and from the same patch, like Rachael. As the perks of blogging go (and there are many), the social element is by far my favourite. It's great when someone new drops me a comment, and it often amazes me how much it's possible to have in common with people you've never met! I swear there's some people I could've been separated from at birth. Do you have a blogger twin?

I've always liked to write, and blogging gives me the perfect excuse to waffle on about whatever I want. It makes a change to be able to write without worrying about the exam criteria! Take OOTD posts for instance - I like the chatty ones best where people share little insights into their day. No tiny detail is too trivial for me. Love it all For this reason I try to accompany all my OOTD photos etc. with little snippets of what I've been up to, as I really do feel that it's easier to get to know bloggers who share a bit about themselves. I think inside every blogger lurks a bit of an inner nerd. It's definitely given me scope to indulge mine. It's ridiculous how long I've deliberated over the exact shade of greyish blue for my background! Someone tell me I'm not the only one to do this? Rachael's 'Layout Tips and Tricks' can help here. It feels so techie tinkering with HTML and SEO codes and the like! I can't wait to finish making my little corner of the internet look exactly how I want, so here's to a load more faffing about!

I've read a couple of articles recently saying that blogland is reaching saturation point. It would be kinda disappointing seeing as I'm just getting into it haha! What do you think? Is there infinite room for new writers? What makes you return to a blog? I'd be really interested to know.

Thanks again to Rachael for lending me this space!
lily x

5 comments :

  1. loved reading this! I feel sad as when I made my old blog a few years ago - I never blogged. And now I see myself as a "new" blogger x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I feel that way too sometimes like how am I different from all the other thousands of bloggers? But then there's always an amazingly sweet reader or two that comments on a post telling you how relateable they think your blog is and it makes my day so much brighter!

    http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can only be yourself. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. I think there are as many angles to beauty as there are stars in the universe. I think blogging is just going to get bigger and more important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant post I'm a blogging newbie too but I wish I'd gotten into it years ago, but I'm enjoying doing it and if I'm never going to be a 'successful' blogger I'm okay with that. I like the fact that my blog is my own and I write posts I'd like to read myself, if no one else is interested in reading it it's their loss haha.

    iRachxXx.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant post I'm a blogging newbie too, I think a lot of people feel this way about it, I mean creating a blog now you're never going to be the next Zoella but I think if you have enough passion for it people will discover you. I much prefer getting a comment over a new follower so I'm quite happy with the smaller number of readers I get because they are lovely enough to leave comments for me.
    Really enjoyed reading this post

    iRachxXx.blogspot.co.uk

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!