photo where in the world_zps9nrywnw4.png
 photo 1X1BLOCKER_zps6d0a1028.png
 photo ABOUTTAB_zpskvq8me9u.png  photo DESTINATION_zpsht7orq6a.png  photo CONTACT_zpssfhajwki.png  photo ARCHIVE_zpsmkirvat3.png

Sunday 13 October 2013

Featured Blogger #13: September

A million apologies for the lateness of this post, we're already 13 days in to the next month! As you know I've been super super busy over the last month adjusting to a new routine. I've got lost of amazing opportunities and information coming up which I'll share with you in the coming weeks. I'm hoping to get right back in to the swing of things with lots of new posts. What better way than to start with a happy post celebrating the blogs I love! It's been 1 YEAR! since I started doing the Featured Blogger series (can you believe it?!) how time has flown! For the month of September I've chosen a teenage blogger, of course an area of blogging that's very dear to me. I was 13 when I started blogging so I'm really excited to share Jessica's blog with you, it really reminds me of the earlier days of A Is For Ayla. Her photography is incredible and I love the clean(?), pretty, girliness of her blog, it's so uplifting and a joy to read!As always, I've pestered (hehe) Jessica to answer some questions so we can all learn a little bit more about her!

In less than 50 words tell us a little about yourself and your blog
My name is Jessica and I'm 15 years old, my blog is my girly haven, based predominately around beauty, where I love to write about all products I'm loving or lusting after as well as sharing all other pretty, girly things I adore!

When and why did you initially start blogging
I actually created my first blog in Winter of 2011 I believe however after many name changes and having a few different blogs and temporarily being blog-less etc I created my current blog in March 2013 and actually took it seriously and started a fresh. I wanted to begin writing a blog as I got into beauty products and began watching Youtube beauty videos and then went on to reading blogs. I loved reading beauty blogs so decided to create my own as I really enjoy writing too.

Do you have any tips or ideas for someone wishing to start a blog?
My number one tip is to stick with it, something I definitely didn't do but should have! When you first start it definitely seems like no one is reading and can sometimes feel a bit like 'what's the point?" but over time readers will come and your blog will grow if you do put effort in and it's all about patience! Don't be afraid not to 'follow the crowd' with what you blog about and also make sure you know your camera well to get the best out of it and take the nicest pictures you can! 

Do you feel you've taken anything out of being part of the blogger community?
Yes, I think it's great to talk to like minded people who you can relate to. I have learnt lots from other bloggers and taken inspiration from them for my own blog. I also think my writing skills etc have improved. I definitely hope my blog will be something that can help me improve my confidence and meet new people too.

What are your 5 favourite products right now?
Blistex relief cream - totally unexciting and my least prettiest lip balm but I recently had a cold and had really dry lips and this literally sorted them out straight away.
MAC Sweetie lipstick - I love the formula of this and it's a perfect summer to winter transition colour (and one I will be wearing lots over A/W!)
Origins GinZing moisturiser - I use this every single day and it has become my holy grail moisturiser! I love everything about it but the gel formula is why it's perfect for me, it sinks in so quickly and makes my face so soft.
OPI 'Silent stars go by' nail polish - I recently bought two polishes (the other being 'my favourite ornament') from the new OPI Mariah Carey Christmas collection and love them! I love the whole collection and will definitely get a couple more.
Soap and Glory Smoothie Star - This body 'milk' smells amazing! It reminds me of cosy nights in with maple syrup and almond notes and sinks in really quickly and makes me soo soft!

Who are your 5 favourite bloggers right now?
1) Sophia Meola
2) DippyWrites
3) Ellie's Ramblings
4) Belle Mode
5) Becca's Fashion and Life

Where can we find you?
- Twitter @jessicasjblog
- Instagram @petaldreamsboutique

Any final words of wisdom?
Stay true to yourself, blog about what you want to blog about and remember blogging is a brilliant experience so make the most out of it and remember your blog will grow with time and effort! :)

You can visit Jessica's blog by clicking here!

Remember you can follow AIFA on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

1 comment :

  1. I really like these features, you get to have a right old nosey at someone's life xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I try to reply as much as possible!